1. Say hello and smile when you meet someone you haven’t seen today.
2. Say “please” and “thank you” and “excuse me” if you walk or reach in front of someone.
3. Speak well of others. No put-downs.
4. Be a Joy Germ. Remember to smile, not always because you feel like it but when others need it.
5. Listen without interrupting and then reply politely.
6. Be truthful and kind. Never let another be punished in mistake for yourself.
7. Think well of others and be ready to accept an apology. Don’t bear grudges.
8. Respect is ageless.
9. Help your parents as much as you can and do your best to please them. Be kind to your brothers and sisters. Do not be selfish but share all your good things.
10. Remember that you are not always right. Trying to be right about everything is a load you cannot carry, and the cost is far more than you can afford.
11. There are two kinds of people in every area of life – those who care for others and those who care only for themselves, the kind who put their shopping trolley away out of courtesy for others and those who don’t, those who …. Which kind are you?
12. For Mum and Dad – Don’t always hide your mistakes and failures from me but let me see how you deal with them. I need to learn how to cope when I fail too!
Neil P. Schiller